Adrienne Bairstow, PhD, RSW, RP, RMFT
Adrienne is a Registered Social Worker, a Registered Psychotherapist, a Registered Marriage and Family Therapist, and a Registered Sex Therapist. She received a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Human Sexuality Studies (clinical concentration) from Widener University. Adrienne also received a Master’s in Social Work (MSW) from the University of Toronto, and a Master’s in Education in Human Sexuality (MEd) from Widener University. Adrienne has additional graduate training in Couple and Family Therapy from the University of Guelph. She has also received training in particular models of therapy, including Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Narrative Therapy.
After obtaining her Master’s in Social Work, Adrienne completed the extensive additional training and requirements to become a Registered Marriage and Family Therapist with the Ontario/American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. This included additional graduate level courses in psychotherapy, the provision of 1000 hours of client contact, and 200 hours of supervision with an approved supervisor.
Adrienne also completed the additional training and requirements to become a Registered Sex Therapist with the Board of Examiners in Sex Therapy and Counselling in Ontario (BESTCO). This included the provision of 100 hours of psychotherapy services on a variety of sexual concerns, supervision with an approved sex therapy supervisor, and two formal assessments.
Adrienne has provided counselling and therapy services to diverse populations throughout the Greater Toronto Area. She has worked in a social services agency, an addictions centre, a sexual health centre and a hospital setting. Adrienne has worked in the area of sexual health counselling and therapy for over ten years. She has managed a private practice with a focus on couple therapy and sex therapy for seven years.
For information about Adrienne’s past conference presentations and speaking engagements, click here.
LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
- Registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (Registered Social Worker #817242)
- Registered Psychotherapist with the Ontario College (Registered Psychotherapist #005376)
- Clinical Fellow with the Ontario/American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (Registered Marriage and Family Therapist #141181)
- Sex Therapist with the Board of Examiners in Sex Therapy and Counselling in Ontario (BESTCO)
- Member: Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW)
- Student Member: Canadian Sex Research Forum (CSRF)
- Student Member: Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality
Contact Adrienne to make an appointment